Thursday, July 28, 2011

4th Semester

I took Banking and Insurance law as my optionals in my 4th semester @ KSLU.

For banking, I feel Tannan's book is good though it is very thick and not user friendly but it has all the guidelines and RBI directions.

Insurance is more easy but focus on principles. They are very important. Srinivasan is nice book. Please do not go for shortcut or cheat books. Many think you can do it once you enter the profession. The thing is IF you do not read these books; you cannot enter the profession because of lack of time ... at least buy them books to get a feel and go through them even if not for exam preparation.

Arbitration, Conciliation is best understood practically. I says go to nyaya degula, bangalore. I don't know about how rural or interior districts are following curriculum. I have hardly seen any over there but it is OK. If you want to do it, please visit the place, the judges manning the place are friendly and will share a lot of info, if you are interested. I, for one, don't even know kannada.  Still, they were very helpful, even the Mediators are kind and thoughtful. Only problem I had was for village visits.






No comments:

Post a Comment